- We believe the Bible is the inspired and only infallible and authoritative written Word of God.
- We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal future return to this earth in power and glory to rule a thousand years.
- We believe in the blessed hope – the rapture of the Church at Christ’s coming.
- We believe the only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the precious blood of Christ.
- We believe regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for personal salvation.
- We believe in water baptism by immersion.
- We believe the redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides healing of the human body in answer to believing prayer.
- We believe the baptism in the Holy Spirit, according to Acts 2:4, is given to believers who ask for it.
- We believe in the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a holy life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, the one to everlasting life and the other to everlasting damnation.
Over Seven Decades of Ministry
Glad Tidings Church has been a fixture in Omaha for more than 75 years. Located atop the hill at 75th and Hickory, Glad Tidings Church is centrally located in the Aksarben area, attracting people from all parts of Omaha. More than the convenient location, people are drawn to Glad Tidings because it’s a place where people from any ethnic or economic background can experience the life changing power of God’s good news.
From our small beginnings in 1936 — a tent placed at 31st & Leavenworth — to our present location at 75th & Hickory, Glad Tidings has ministered to thousands of people over the years. The church was officially organized as an Assembly of God in 1937 under Pastor/Evangelist LE King, and our first building was purchased on 18th & Cass Street. We moved into a brand new facility on the corner of 75th & Hickory in late 1969 with Pastor John G Walker, our second pastor.
Leading Us Forward
On May 6, 1975, one of Nebraska’s most damaging tornadoes cut through the church property, severely damaging the church. The church was rebuilt later that same year and was expanded to seat 750 people in the sanctuary. It also included nursery and toddler facilities among many other renovations. Since then we have been served by a number of amazing men of God — Val Munson, Rick Cole, Al Toledo, Dobie Weasel — each bringing growth to the personality and character of Glad Tidings. In 2007, Pastor Walt DeVries became Lead Pastor. Pastor Walt laid a foundation for what it means for us to be led by the Spirit and to live lives fully surrendered to His will. After leading our church for over 12 years, Pastor Walt DeVries announced his resignation. Pastor Walt arrived at this decision because of the words he heard from Holy Spirit concerning the future of Good News Church. Pastor Jason Carter became Lead Pastor in March of 2019.