Sermon Notes 11.17.19 Guest Speaker: Todd Ahrend
What is God stirring in you?
How does this message speak to your everyday life? What needs to change?
How can God use your story right where you are to accomplish His story for the nations?
What interruptions are you currently facing that need to be reevaluated as an invitation to accomplish something for God?
What part do you play in the Mission?
Some notes from his first service message:
- Your world is drowning out the mission of God.
The Mission of God: What is He Doing and Can I Join Him?
Walk thru the Bible to see the Mission:
- Gen. 1- Adam and Eve: God gives “be fruitful and multiply” command.
- Gen 3- Sin
- Gen 7,8- The Flood
- Gen 9- God repeats “be fruitful and multiply” command.
- Gen 11- Babel: pivotal- all languages begin.
- Gen 12:1-3- God’s Mission Begins: “all the people I just scattered will be brought together and blessed thru you Abraham”.
- Gen 26:14- Isaac (Abraham’s son)
- Gen 28:14- Jacob (Abraham’s grandson)
1600 times His mission is repeated in the Bible.
We are in the family of God, but not in the GAME. What does this mean?
- Deut. 4- a reference to Genesis 12 on why He gave the Law.
- Exodus 9- another reference for Israel to reach the nations.
- 1 Kings 10:23,24- King Solomon.
- Daniel 4- Daniel to the Kings and all peoples.
What if in the midst of our day, in our roughness and imperfection, we look up and let God use our story?
Life’s interruptions are God’s invitations.
- You can’t “un-see” God’s heart for the nations once you start to see it in His Word.
- “Mormons give 2 years. Christians give excuses”
- 99.5% of Christian parents will try to talk their kids out of going into Missions.
- We think in our minds that our kids are made for us.
- The Bible states kids are like arrows, and they are made to FLY.
- There are actually 5 commission texts:
- 1. Matthew 28:18-19: The Great Commission
- 2. Mark 16:15
- 3. Luke 24:46, 47
- 4. John 20:21
- 5. Acts 1:8
What if life’s interruptions are an invitation? We must be willing to initiate and make it happen.
- Romans 15: 20, 21– Paul says: “It has always been my ambition to preach Christ where He is not known”.
- Is this accurate of ME?
- Revelation 5:9– The Culmination of the Story
- Todd shared a story of adopting his son stating: “He doesn’t know what he has or that I am his father, but I am coming for him”.
- Do all the nations know about their Father who is coming for them? Do all the nations even know what they have? What role do I have in making sure they do?
- God give us eyes to see: your people, the nations, the one next to us, and the interruption.